10.31.2009

Conviction Power!

Over the past few weeks, I have been convicted of several things!

1) Not spending enough time with God.
2) Not relying on God to work through things.
3) Not relying on God financially.
4) Limiting God, putting God in a box.
5) Lack of faith.
6) Lacking trust.
7) Blaming others.
8) Being critical of others.
9) Not keeping my blog up to date.
10) Thinking about what others might think.
11) Not going on a mission trip that I believe that I am called to go on because of money.

- The list could go on and on.

Mainly the one that I am most concern with is not spending enough time with the Sovereign God that gave me life through Jesus Christ. Don't get me wrong, I spend a little time with God, but not nearly what I should.

"Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11 NASB)

Paul is telling us of the people of Berea, they are looking into the Word closely to make sure that the things they were being told were right and many believed! We are to be digging daily into scripture, seeking to grow so close to God that every essence of who He is, is who you are! We cannot live, not spending time with Him daily, and not just quickly reading through a few scriptures and saying "I've spent my time with God today!" There has to be a digging into scripture, an examination, of the text. This is so that you can know that what you have been taught is correct!

Paul says in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Many people will not like you when you stand for the truth, so do not worry about people when you know you are standing for what is right!

So, my brothers and sisters, I know that this all comes from a lack of faith and trust. So, I have a renewed spirit and I hope that an overflowing of God's spirit would be evident over my life. I hope that every essence of who God is, is who I am. Having the same love and passion as our Lord, Jesus Christ.

May God Bless and Keep you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment if you feel led in that direction.